Can I have my existing security system equipment monitored?
If you’re like many homeowners, you may have questions about whether your existing security system equipment can be monitored by a professional security company. The short answer is yes! In most cases, we can take over the monitoring of your existing equipment and provide the same level of protection and peace of mind that you’re used to.
There are a few things to keep in mind when switching to professional monitoring, however. First, you’ll need to make sure that your equipment is compatible with our system. Second, we’ll need to conduct a thorough assessment of your home’s security needs in order to determine the best way to monitor your home 24/7. And finally, we’ll need to set up a monitoring plan that meets your specific needs and budget.
Don’t worry – we’re here to help every step of the way. Contact us today to get started on making the switch to professional security monitoring.
1. Yes, you can have your existing security system equipment monitored by a professional security company. This will ensure that your home or business is protected 24/7.2. Monitoring your security system equipment can give you peace of mind, knowing that someone is always keeping an eye on your property.3. A professional security company can tailor a monitoring package to fit your specific needs and budget. Contact a reputable security company today to discuss your options.
Why you might want to have your existing security system monitored
There are a number of reasons why you might want to have your existing security system monitored by a professional security company. Here are just a few:
1. 24/7 Monitoring: One of the biggest benefits of having your security system professionally monitored is that you can rest assured knowing that someone is keeping an eye on your property 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If something happens, help will be on the way.
2. Response Time: When it comes to security, every second counts. If an intruder is able to get into your home or business, the sooner the authorities are notified, the better. With professional monitoring, someone will always be there to take action and contact the proper authorities if needed.
3. Peace of Mind: Knowing that your security system is being monitored by professionals can give you a great sense of peace of mind. You’ll know that someone is always keeping an eye on things and that help is just a phone call away if something does happen.
How having your security system monitored can improve your home’s security
Your home security system is one of the most important investments you can make for the safety of your family and possessions. A monitored security system provides an extra layer of protection by alerting the authorities in the event of a break-in, fire, or other emergency. In addition to peace of mind, a monitored system can also save you money on your homeowners insurance.
The benefits of having a professionally monitored security system
When it comes to protecting your home, a professionally monitored security system is the best way to go. Here are just a few of the benefits that come with having a pro take care of your home’s security:
1. You’ll have peace of mind knowing that someone is always keeping an eye on your home.
2. A professional monitoring service can provide you with around-the-clock protection, even when you’re away from home.
3. In the event of a break-in or other emergency, a professional monitoring service can dispatch police or other emergency personnel to your home quickly.
4. A professionally monitored security system can be customized to fit the specific needs of your home and family.
5. Having a professionally monitored security system can qualify you for discounts on your homeowners insurance premiums.
The different types of monitoring services available for security systems
There are four main types of monitoring services available for security systems: home security, business security, government security, and private security.
Home security systems are typically monitored by a central station that is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The central station is responsible for monitoring the home security system and contacting the appropriate authorities in the event of an emergency.
Business security systems are typically monitored by a central station that is staffed during normal business hours. The central station is responsible for monitoring the business security system and contacting the appropriate authorities in the event of an emergency.
Government security systems are typically monitored by a central station that is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The central station is responsible for monitoring the government security system and contacting the appropriate authorities in the event of an emergency.
Private security systems are typically monitored by a central station that is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The central station is responsible for monitoring the private security system and contacting the appropriate authorities in the event of an emergency.
How to choose the right monitoring service for your security system
of the points you want to make.
When it comes to choosing a monitoring service for your security system, there are a few things you’ll want to keep in mind. Here are a few tips to help you choose the right service for your needs:
1. Make sure the monitoring service has experience in the security industry. You’ll want to choose a company that knows what they’re doing and has a good reputation.
2. Ask about the monitoring service’s customer service policies. You’ll want to know what kind of support you can expect if there’s ever an issue with your system.
3. Find out what kind of equipment the monitoring service uses. You’ll want to make sure they have high-quality equipment that will be able to properly monitor your system.
4. Make sure the monitoring service offers a variety of services. You’ll want to choose a company that offers more than just monitoring, such as installation and repair services.
5. Ask about the monitoring service’s pricing options. You’ll want to find a company that offers affordable rates so you can save money on your security system.
Frequently Asked Question
Can I have my existing security system equipment monitored?
Can ADT work with existing equipment?
Can I use my ADT equipment with SimpliSafe?
Can Vivint use existing equipment?
What security companies can use ADT equipment?
Thankfully, this isn’t the norm. But when considering a new security company, it’s important to ask them ahead of time if they can monitor and service your current panel and connected equipment. Your new provider may have to install a new panel and keypad, but in many cases can use the rest of your existing equipment.10 Feb 2020 
Can I use my current home security equipment with ADT? ADT does offer a $19.99 per month basic security plan if you have a pre-existing home security system in your home. They can take over that equipment to make it work with their monitoring service.7 Apr 2022 
While there are a few exceptions with third-party hardware, SimpliSafe and ADT devices are not compatible.1 Dec 2021 
If you like your current equipment, you can take everything with you except for the starter equipment. Some smart devices are difficult to move without an extensive process. Vivint replaces these devices at your new location.17 Feb 2022 
We are authorized dealers with Alarm.com, Honeywell AlarmNet, SecureNet, Alula, Telguard, UpLink, and Connect24. In some cases the communicator in use is proprietary to the alarm company (such as ADT or Vivint for example) and would need to be replaced.15 Sept 2019 
If you’re looking for a security system that will give you the peace of mind you need, and you already have the equipment, then monitoring is a great option for you. A monitoring company can take over the responsibility of keeping an eye on your system day and night, so you can rest easy knowing that your home or business is safe.